STEPS INVOLVED IN PREPARING OFE AKWU/BANGA STEW
Before you start, you need to get all the ingredients needed for the preparation of the Ofe akwu ready. To see the list of all the ingredients and how you can get them, click here.
Now, let’s get started-
• The first thing to do is to cook the palm fruits. Wash the palm fruits, put them in the pot and set on the fire. It will take up to 10 minute for it to cook. When it is done the palm fruit will start bursting apart.
• When the palm fruit is done, pour it into a plastic or aluminum sieve.
• Wait for the water to drain out.
• Turn the palm fruits into a mortar and start pounding gently. Avoid breaking the nuts.
• Put the pounded palm fruits into a sieve. Put the sieve into the pot you will be cooking the soup with.
Note: Make sure the handle of the sieve hang on the pot, thereby suspending the sieve in the pot.
• Start to add water in little, little quantity as you wash off the oil from the palm nuts. After washing off the oil thoroughly, remove the sieve from the pot.
• Set the pot on fire.
• Wash the meats and/or fish and add to it.
• Cover the pot and let it cook for a while.
• As you wait, start pounding the crayfish, okpeyi, onions and pepper.
• Add the pounded ingredients.
• Add cube and/or sachet seasonings. Cube, about 3, depending on the size of the soup. The sachet, one is enough.
• Add the sliced vegetable leaves to the stew.
• Add salt to taste.
• Allow it to cook for a while. Taste it. If the salt is not enough, you add a little more. If the taste is nice, you bring it down.
• You have succeeded in preparing an Ofe akwu stew.
Get your rice and enjoy the delicious Ofe akwu.
Note: Make sure you wash all the kitchen utensils used for the cooking.
If you found this article interesting and helpful, go ahead and use share buttons below and share to your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
And if you have any questions or contribution, use the Comment below to post your comment.
EGBUM DANIEL CHUKWUBUIKEM