STEPS INVOLVED IN PREPARING UGU SOUP
Before you start, you need to get all the ingredients needed for the preparation of the Ugu soup ready. To see the list of all the ingredients and how you can get them, click here.
Now, let’s get started-
• Peel the yam that you will be using as a thickening agent.
• Put some water into the pot and put it on the fire.
• Cut the yam into smaller pieces. Wash and put them in the pot.
• Wash the meat and/or fish and put into the pot.
• Wash the pepper and crayfish. Pound it together with okpeyi and onions.
• After the yam must have boiled for up to 10 minutes, check if they are done by piercing them with clean knife or any pointed iron. If the yams are done, put them into the mortar and pound them together with the other ingredients.
• When completely pounded, put them into the pot.
• Add cube and/or sachet seasoning(s).
• Add red oil.
• Add salt to taste.
• Get the vegetable, Ugu, ready.
• Slice the vegetable into pieces. Wash and put into the pot.
• Allow the soup to cook for a while, before bringing it down.
You have succeeded in preparing an Ugu soup.
Note: Make sure you wash all the kitchen utensils used for the cooking.
If you found this article interesting and helpful, go ahead and use share buttons below and share to your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
And if you have any questions or contribution, use the Comment below to post your comment.
EGBUM DANIEL CHUKWUBUIKEM